Once dubbed by industry leaders “the best group you probably have never heard”, that distinction no longer applies to MARK209 – a name taken from the mile marker for downtown Nashville. In the past few years the Nashville-based quartet has established an impressive faithful fan base from coast to coast. Audiences respond to the four-part harmony associated with Southern Gospel, yet MARK209’s sound also has a country flavor. Fans relate to their message which reflects the life that many live leading to an understandable communication between audience and singers. Perhaps MARK209’s casual appearance, friendly rapport with fans, wide-range of country gospel songs and the addition of piano player extraordinaire, Joshua Pope, have earned them followers from four generations: a four year-old sings the lyrics with them; a teenager creates fashions using the MARK209 logo; young parents eager to introduce their children to Christian music and the older folks who find themselves responding like “groupies” as they did in their teen years.
Traveling in their signature Yellow Bus, MARK209 has performed at The Crystal Palace in Bakersfield, CA and across the country at Kennebunkport ME where they sang for the Bush family at Walker’s Point three times prior to the passing of George HW and Barbara Bush. Stops between have included the Main Stage at Graceland in Memphis, TN, Harmony at the Gulf in AL, the Main Stage at the NC Apple Festival, the Owasso Gospel Opry in OK, the Arlington Music Hall in TX, the Wheeling Jamboree in WV, and Dollywood in TN. When not touring, the band makes gospel music television appearances and gives radio interviews. MARK209’s “Christmas from the Heart of Nashville” concert plays to sold-out venues throughout the country. Recognition from their loyal fans has recently come in the form of a Diamond Award for the Christian Country Group of the Year and Christian Music Fan Award for Favorite Group.
- Group of the Year "Fan Favorite Group 2015" (CVM)
- Voted "Favorite Quartet" (GME) 2014
- Single of the year "It Takes Faith" (GME) 2013
- Voted "Favorite Quartet" (GME) 2013
- #1 Song, 4 Consecutive Months (Southern Gospel Today) 2012
- Top Five New Releases in the Nation (Singing News) 2012
- Named "Ones to Watch" (AGM) 2012
- Nominated "Entertainer of the Year" (USAGEM)
- Nominated "Fan Favorite Artist" (AGM)
- Nominated "New Excelling Artist" (SGM Fan Awards)
- CD "Grassroots" Listed in Top Picks of 2011 (AGM)
- Radio release on the Singing News Top 80 Chart for 10 months.
Ready to find out more?
Contact the Ron Blackwood Agency to book this artist.